Belly fat and thigh fat seem to be extremely stubborn and hard to loose. However, with the right fusion of diet and workout, not only you will lose thigh and belly fat, but it will also help you get a better overall toned body.
Weight loss is a strange game. When you lose the extra weight, you may find yourself dealing with the dilemma of loose skin on different parts of the body. That is why you cannot overlook the importance of including toning exercises. Yes, not only can you get rid of those extra pounds in your thighs, belly and your overall body with exercises, but add a diet plan too.
Yoga instructor Juhi Kapoor recently shared a social media reel highlighting three important exercises that can be included in a workout regime for flabby skin, fat burn and muscle toning. Curious about the exercises? Let’s dive in!
1. Malasana walk
“Malasana walk targets hips and thighs. It strengthens ankles and knees too. But avoid it if you have knee pain,” shares the expert.
How to perform a malasana walk?
1. Start by keeping your spine straight.
2. Push yourself down by moving your butt towards the floor, and your shoulders relaxed with distance from your ears.
3. Start walking forward and backwards by staying in this asana.
4. You can perform 5 rounds of this (45 seconds each round).
Plank strengthens your core region and tones muscles around it. It also gives your body a healthy posture, brings about balance and coordination, enhances flexibility and metabolism, and improves mental well-being. The plank pose engages a large group of muscles across your entire body. The forearm plank is an advanced version of the regular shoulder plank.
Avoid performing plank in case you are pregnant or on your period.
How to perform a forearm plank pose?
1. Lie belly-side-down on a mat.
2. Keep your feet less than hip-width apart and flex them so that your toes are touching the mat.
3. Instead of your palms, press your entire forearm to the floor and lift your body off the mat.
4. Balance your entire weight between your toes and your forearms. Make it a point to correctly place your elbows just below your shoulders. You can join your palms together or keep them parallel to each other.
5. As for a high plank, make sure that your body forms a straight line. Activate your abdominal muscles and keep your butt from sagging down. Also, do not forget to keep your head neutral or you may risk hurting your neck.
6. Hold for at least one minute to start with.
3. Goddess pose
The Goddess pose helps to target the inner thighs and quads. This pose strengthens your lower body and opens your hips. Avoid this in case of knee pain.
How to perform the goddess pose?
1. Stand with your feet wide apart and turn your heels in and toes out of 45 degrees.
2. Lower your body until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor.
3. Draw your tailbone down and press your hips forward.
4. Lift your arms to your sides at shoulder height and bend your arms at 90 degrees with your palms facing forward.
5. Breathe in deeply and breathe out completely.
6. Perform 3 rounds (60 seconds each round) of it.
Try these exercises regularly and see the difference for yourself! Don’t forget to eat right and practice other healthy habits in everyday life for the sake of your health.