To lose weight in 2 weeks, you should reduce calorie intake and decrease intake of processed, carb-heavy foods like cookies, chips and soda. In order to achieve weight loss, you should increase your intake of fruits, vegetables and food that is rich in fiber.
Is is possible to lose between 5 to 10 pounds in 2 weeks, although this weight loss will vary depending on each person’s metabolism. Food intake should be carefully monitored and combined with regular physical activity. Generally speaking, weight loss will be easier for those who are already significantly overweight.
To achieve a 10 lb weight loss in a short amount of time, it is important to combine healthy eating habits with aerobic exercise, like running, swimming or brisk walking. These activities will use more energy and help burn accumulate fat.
Weight loss tips
Some essential weight loss tips to consider incorporating into your lifestyle include:
- Eat 5 to 6 meals per day: 3 main meals and 2 to 3 snacks. You should space them out every 3 hours
- Eat 3 to 4 fruits per day, being sure to choose fruits with peels and pulp
- Half of your plate should contain vegetables, both at lunch and dinner time. You should eat at least 2 portions per day.
- You are advised to eat just one carbohydrate source per meal.
- Choose beans, corn, peas, chickpeas, soybeans, and lentils as a plant-based protein source, being sure to place just 2 tablespoons total on your plate.
- Remove the fat from all meat before eating it, including from fish, chicken and turkey. You should only consume red meat twice per week.
You can also have a detox smoothie as a snack. You should opt to prepare it with just vegetables, as they are richer in fiber. Read more about different detox drink recipes and how to prepare them.
What to eat
In order to lose weight in 2 weeks, you should opt to eat more fruits, vegetables and high-fiber foods. Fiber will help to keep you full and boost intestinal flow. Some fiber-rich examples to include in your daily diet include:
- Whole wheat bread
- Unsweetened granola
- Flaxseed, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds
- Nuts, like walnuts, almonds, peanuts and cashews
- Skim or fat-free dairy and dairy products, like cottage cheese
Thermogenic foods can also help to boost metabolism and promote weight loss. Some examples include cinnamon. Ginger, red peppers, coffee, green tea and appel cider vinegar. Check out weight-loss teas that can also help you to boost your metabolism and slim down.
Foods to avoid
To achieve you weight loss goal, you should avoid foods that are high in salt, sugar, white flour and fat. Some foods to avoid are:
- Sugar: sweets, dessert, cake and chocolate
- Salt: table salt, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, spice cubes, powdered soups
- White flour: bread, cake, white-based sauces, crackers
- Fatty food: fried food, red meat, bacon, sausage, cold cuts, yellow cheeses like cheddar
- Processed foods: Jelly donuts, packaged food, frozen meals, pizza, lasagna, sodas and juice boxes
To substitute salt in your meals, you can add flavor by using natural herbs or spices, like onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley, thyme, basil and oregano. Decreasing salt intake can also help to reduce water retention. See our other tips for getting rid of water retention.
Meal plan for weight loss in 2 weeks
The following table outlines a 3-day meal plan for losing weight in 2 weeks. After these 3 days, you can create your own plan that considers the tips mentioned above.
|Meal||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Breakfast||1 cup of skim milk + 1 slice of whole wheat bread with cottage cheese + 1 cold-cut slice of turkey breast||1 fat-free yogurt + ¼ cup of oats + 2 tablespoon of chia seeds + 1/2 a slice banana||Unsweetened coffee with skim milk + 1 oatmeal pancake + 1 slice of cottage cheese|
|Morning snack||1 slice of papaya with 1 tablespoon of oats||1 cup of detox green juice||1 slice of watermelon + 10 peanuts|
|Lunch or dinner||1 grilled fish fillet + 3 tablespoons of whole grain rice + 2 tablespoons of beans + salad with broccoli and carrot + 1 tablespoon of olive oil||1 chicken breast with homemade tomato paste + 3 tablespoons of whole grain pasta + salad with 1 tablespoon of peanuts and 1 tablespoon of olive oil||1 turkey breast + 4 tablespoons of quinoa + 1 cup of cooked vegetables + 1 tablespoon of olive oil|
|Afternoon snack||1 apple + 2 pieces of toast with ricotta cheese||Papaya smoothie with 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds||1 fat-free milk + 6 walnuts|
The quantities noted on this meal plan will vary with the age, sex, activity level and health history of each person. Therefore, it is important to see a dietitian for a complete assessment, so that a customized meal plan that meets your needs and goals can be created.
Diuretic teas to reduce bloating
In addition to food, you should also opt to consume diuretic teas that boost metabolism, like green tea, matcha tea, hibiscus tea, and ginger tea with pineapple. To achieve the desired effect, drink 3 to 4 cups of tea per day, unsweetened. Check out these teas for water retention that you can include in your day-to-day.
It is also important to drink at least 1.5 L of fluids per day, which can be consumed as tea or water. This will help to prevent water retention and improve intestinal function.